Fun Facts About Tuesday
The most amazing fun facts about Tuesday is what we have compiled here for your fun and reading consumption, to spice up your Tuesday is our job today.
Depending on what part of the world you’re from, Tuesday can be the second day of the week or third day of the week for you. But irrespective of your part of the world, Tuesday just like all other days of the week has it’s own meanings and even origin(at least its name), all of the facts that make Tuesday a special day for you and everyone all over the world is exactly what we’re going to discuss in this collection of Tuesday fun facts. Some of these Tuesday facts will shock you while others will spike your curiosity as to why somethings only happen on Tuesday. Get ready to have your facts loving mind blown with the amazing facts and history of Tuesday compiled below.
Try these impossible to answer questions from our list of confusing questions.
Facts About Tuesday
- The modern name of the day Tuesday was derived from the Old English version which is ‘Tiwesdæg’.
- Tiwesday means Tiw’s Day, Tiw is Norse god of combat, it’s safe to say Tuesday from it’s origin is his day.
- Tuesday is considered to be an unlucky day, especially among the Greek. Apparently, because it’s day which Constantinople fell.
- There’s a day called Black Tuesday, it’s the day which the US had the Great Stock Market crash. It happened Tuesday the 29th of October 1929.
- There’s also a day called Super Tuesday, which is basically the day on which most States in the US choose to have their presidential election held. It is always a Tuesday. Unfortunately, in 2012 a bill to moved the elections to weekends to encourage voting was introduced.
- Unlike Mondays, Tuesday is considered the day with most productivity from workers. This is according to a survey in 2002.
- In the US video games are mostly released on Tuesdays.
- The color associated with the day is Pink, this is according to Thai solar calendar.
- According to same Thai solar calendar the meaning of the day is Ashes of the Dead
- Allover the world, majority of Hindus fast on Tuesdays.
- According to Interpretation Germanica(interpretation by Greek) Tiw(the god whom Tuesday was name after) is associated with Mars.
- Hence many languages have their names of the day related to Mars, particularly languages with Latin origins.
- In Japan the name of the Tuesday also means Mars Day.
- Microsoft(a software company) releases patches to its softwares on Tuesdays.
- In the US DVDs are mostly released on Tuesdays.
- Other languages such as Bulgarian, Russian and Slavic languages have the name of the day to mean ‘Second’ or ‘The Second’.
- For this reason in most parts of the world excluding the US, Tuesday is considered the second day of the week.
- Tuesday is also considered an unlucky day in most Spanish speaking parts of the world.
- Tuesday is the day on which Californians eat lesser barbeque than any other day of the week
- Tuesday is the day with most Christmas (Check out trending Christmas movie trivia questions).
- Unlike above the fact above, Tuesday with the least chance to be a Christmas eve.
- Tuesday is the unofficial day which people(Catholics) choose to go for confessions.
- Tuesday is the day most popular for worship and praying among Hindus.
- Tuesday is considered a lucky day in Judaism.
- Tuesday is a day dedicated to Saint John The Baptist, mostly in the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Tuesday is also known as Mars Day.
- The second Tuesday of every month is known as patch Tuesday.
- The famous D-Day attacks during World War II started on a Tuesday.
- There are more job applications on Tuesday than any other day of the week.
- In 1992, ‘Sonic 2sday’ was a marketing campaign initiated on a Tuesday following the launch of Sonic Hedgehog 2.
- In the past music albums were mostly released on Tuesdays before it was eventually moved to Fridays allover the world in 2015.
- Spanish and Greek speaking parts of the world consider Tuesdays a really bad(read unlucky) day if it happens to be the 13th of the month.
- The planet Mars and the day Tuesday share a lot in common, this is as a result of the association of Tiw with the planet Mars.
More Tuesday facts can be learnt from the most popular and frequently asked questions about Tuesday, these are questions people who are curious and are eager to learn something new usually ask on the internet. We have compiled a bunch of them below with their respective answers.
Have you seen these funny looking cartoon characters?
FAQs About Tuesday Facts
What’s so special about Tuesday?
Tuesday is special because it was named after Tiw the Norse god of combat, Tuesday is also special because on most different calendars, it is usually the third day of the week and that makes it a uniquely special day.
What happens on Tuesday more than any other day of the week?
The only thing that happens more frequently on Tuesdays compared to others is that people typically late to work more often on Tuesdays than any other day of the week.
What does Tuesday stand for?
Tuesday derives its name from its Old English name Tiws Day. Tiw is the Norse god of combat whom Tiws Day was named after, but it later metamorphosed into what we know today as Tuesday.
What is the spiritual meaning of Tuesday?
The spiritual meaning of Tuesday is that is named after Norse god of combat, hence Tuesdays are days you should take action and get things done.
What is Tuesday associated with?
Tuesday is associated with both the Norse god of combat(Tiw) and the planet Mars which is known as the planet of energy and action.
These orphan jokes are the funniest ever!
Why is today called Tuesday?
Tuesday is called Tuesday because it was named after the Tiw the Norse God of combat and action. It used to be known as Tiw’s Day.
What deity is Tuesday?
The deity for Tuesday is the Tiw also known as Tyr(Tir), he is the Norse god of combat and war.
Which god is Tuesday named for?
Tuesday is for Tiw also known as Tyr(Tir), he is the Norse god of combat and war.
What planet is Tuesday ruled by?
Tuesday is ruled by Mars the planet of action and energy. Mars is also known as the red planet.
What does Happy Tuesday mean?
Happy Tuesday is the day on which new lingeries are tried out s-xual settings typically with a lap dance or strip tease.
Why are Tuesdays slow?
Tuesdays feel slow because of carryover of work tasks from Mondays into Tuesday, this typically results in memory overload and memory fatigue.
Is Tuesday the most productive day?
Yes, Tuesday is the most productive day of the week according to several Human Resource managers who were tasked with scoring the performance of staffs through the week.
What happens on Tuesday more than any other day?
On Tuesdays, people are usually more late for work than any other day of the week.
Why is Tuesday the most productive day of the week?
Tuesday is the most productive day of the week because workers have already gone past the weekend hangover they felt on Monday and their minds are now clear and sharp with total focus on the task at hand.
Is Tuesday a good day?
Yes, Tuesday is a good day. Tuesday is considered to be a good day because astrologists believe it begins at the highest influence of the planet of Mars.
What is a child born on a Tuesday?
A child born on Tuesday is known to have a strong determination and a fighting spirit that can go through all and succeed.
What is the Colour of Tuesday borns?
The colour of Tuesday borns is red.
Don’t miss these facts about the universe.
What is Tuesday in astrology?
In astrology, Tuesday is the day of the planet of Mars which is the red planet.
What is Tuesday planet?
The planet for Tuesday is Mars, the fiery red planet.
What day is ruled by Mars?
The day ruled by Mars is Tuesday which is the third day of the Gregorian calendar and the second day of the work week.
what happens on tuesday?
What happens on Tuesday is that people resume work late on Tuesdays.
That’s it about the most interesting facts and things you need to know about Tuesday, after reading the above facts about Tuesday was your mind changed about the day, do you love Tuesday more or you now love Tuesday less.
Whatever the case is, do share these Tuesday facts with your friends.