Most amazing fun facts about Mondays is what we have compiled here for your fun and reading consumption, to spice up your Monday is our job today.
It’s Monday again you say? Monday is the one single day that is universally despised by people who work in offices, I mean irrespective of where you live(at least in the developed world) you have at one time hated Monday or know someone who loathes Mondays. This dislike for Mondays is not unconnected to the fact that Monday reminds people that they have a job to do and a responsibility due to them, and they must get up and get to work to discharge those responsibilities.
I don’t know if you’re like me, I hate responsibilities so… I hate Mondays too. Our collective dislike for Mondays will not stop us from sharing the most fun and amazing facts about this common enemy that we have, these facts about Mondays will definitely make us see this ‘guy’ from a different perspective by exposing us to interesting things we never knew about Mondays.
Spice up your Monday with some dark orphan jokes.
So prepare your little anti-Monday mind ready to be blown away by the fun, interesting and amazing facts about Mondays.
1.Monday is the second day of the week for most countries and it is the first day of the week for countries with a Monday-first calendar.
2. Researchers say the best way to get through Mondays at work is by gossiping while at work. Yea, you don’t like to be there but you can forget that you don’t like it by actually gossiping with your co-workers.
3. Studies show that Monday is the only day almost 50 percent of employees come late to work. From the unwillingness to go to work to the traffic caused by Monday rush and all other Monday-ish problems all contribute to employees showing up late to work on Mondays.
Try these impossible to answer questions from our list of confusing questions.
4. Over 40 years of age professionals are the group of people who suffer more stress on Monday. Monday is apparently a stress filled day for professionals of over 40 years. You might want spice up the Mondays of your over 40 years colleague.
5. Because of the stress associated with Mondays, the average person moans for about 34 minutes on Mondays, an increase of 12 minutes more than 22 minutes of moan time on other days.
6. Of the entire seven days of the week, Monday is the only day that is an anagram( a word formed by rearranging the letters of another word, using all the original letters once) for a word. I’ll spare you by saying that word is ‘dynamo’
7. You’re heavier on Mondays. A research shows that Monday is the only day you weigh more, this is not unconnected with the fact you just left the weekend where you were eating and resting almost all day.
8. A research once again shows that to get over the Monday sadness otherwise known as Monday Blues, all you need to do is buy(and eat) chocolates, online shopping, watching TV.
9. Most people do their shopping on Mondays, that is because they’re experiencing the Monday Blues and want to get over it with spending money online.
10. Want to buy a car? Do it on Monday. Study shows that you’re likely going to get a better deal than on any day of the week or over the weekends. This is because the salesperson has all the time in the world to attend to you, your needs and your bargaining power. Whew! what a positive fact about Mondays.
You’ll love this; Is it illegal to keep students after the bell?
11. Studies show that Mondays are worst for people in the UK, because according to the study, the average person in the UK does not smile until it’s about 11 AM on Monday. From when they wake up till 11 AM, never expect a smile from them.
12. Still in the UK, the word ‘monday’ is a slang for a heavy and large sledgehammer, probably why they don’t smile until the sledgehammer is lifted from their faces
13. Mondays have been proven again to be the least productive days for workers out of the 5 work days of the week. For whatever reason it is, Monday won’t stop being ‘bad’ for people who go to work. Maybe we should include in the weekends.
14. On Mondays, more workers call in sick, added to the reasons why it is the most unproductive day of the week. Want to know what they do when they call in sick? read the next Monday fact.
15. More people surf the web more than usual, on Mondays. You have it, if you’re an employer and your employee calls in sick on Monday, chances are they’re busy surfing the web. And this is the same all over the world.
16. The name for the day Monday from a translation of a Latin phrase ‘dies lunae’ which means ‘day of the moon’. Sunday is for the sun, Monday is for the moon.
17. The years 2012 and 2018 are the only years in very recent time with a more than normal amount of Mondays, they both had 53 Mondays. This doesn’t happen very often but will happen again 2024.
18. US stocks rise on Mondays. This is a tip if you’re one to invest in stocks. With this generous stock trading tip I just shared with you out of kindness, you might become the next stock trading millionaire.
19. There’s a band named ‘the Happy Mondays’, I can bet everything I own they’re not happy. No, not with Monday being infamous for the most unhappy day for people.
20. Monday is unofficially the world’s suicide day(sad), this is because it is the day most people who take their lives do so. Remember there’s a suicide song ‘Gloomy Sunday’, please stay safe by not listening to it on Mondays.
Learn more about Norman Reedus’ tattoos on this facts about him.
21. Heart attacks are another thing Mondays are infamous for. A study shows that there’s a 20% increase in heart attacks on Mondays, hence the the name ‘Heart attack day’.
22. Monday is the world’s ugly day. You’re less attractive on Mondays, at least that is what a study showed.
23. Of the seven days of the week Monday is the only day with the least amount of rain falls.
24. You’re more sleep deprived on Mondays than on any day of the week. This is related to the hangover from over the weekend