Interesting Music Facts For Everyone.
Facts about music you probably do not know or have never heard of, these fun facts about music will most likely stun you and you would probably discover why you’ve been listening to a party type of music.
Truly, Music is a vocal or instrumental sounds (or sometimes both) that is combined or mixed in such a way that it produces beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion. Music adds meaning to lots of things, and has the power to effectively change your emotions, while it is different thing to different people, music is always fun and that is what we’ll show in this fun facts about music you’re about to read. See some music trivia for you.
Music has gone beyond being aesthetics and melodious rhythm. It has several other functions and astounding facts that you need to know.
Coolest Music facts You Should Know.
Some of the coolest facts about music you want to read are:
- The word Music originates from the Greek word (mousike) which means “art of Muses”.
- Studies have it that, heartbeats changes their pace and tends to mimic the music you listen to.
- Also, your perception about life generally can be attributed to the types of music you listen to.
- Being in a place where there is a loud music, there is a likelihood you will drink more within a short time. Don’t be surprised it’s like that in a bar or club.
- Earworm is a stuck song syndrome which makes a catchy piece of music to continually repeat itself through your mind after it has stop playing.
- Playing or listening to songs during work outs measurably help improve physical performance.
- The first and the only Musical band to play on the soil of all the seven continent of the world are called the Metallica.
- Astronaut Chris Hadfield in 2015 released the first album of songs recorded entirely in space. Many unimaginable things are happening up there in the space.
- A study carried out in 2001 proves that, cows produce more milk when music is playing around them.
- Finland compared to other countries of the world possesses the most heavy metal bands per capita.
- Karaoke is a Japanese word coined from two other words “karppo” meaning empty and “okesutura” meaning Orchestra. Hence Karaoke means EMPTY OCHESTRA.
- Research proves it that. Music has the ability to assist patients who are brain-injured recover and recall many personal memories.
- In the world today, China owns the oldest and most ancient musical Tradition. This was proved from archaeological evidences dated back to 3000 BC.
- Historically, from 1912-1948, music, painting, poetry, literature and even architecture used to be part of the modern Olympic Games.
- Group singing has been considered healthy and scientifically proven to help ease stress, reduce anxiety and promote endorphins.
- While listening to a song, you get some chills, which is mostly caused by the brain releasing dopamine as you anticipate the peak of that song.
17.The term disc jockey was first put to use in the year commonly called DJ.
- The popular musical instrument Violin was made from 70 different pieces of wood. No wonder, it gives a special sound.
- Japan’s national anthem is regarded the shortest in the world. The music is composed of four lines.
- The musical instrument called “Lady Blunt” is the most expensive of the entire musical instrument in the world. It sold for $15.9 million in 2011. The Lady Blunt is a Stradivarius Violin.
- Also a Korean researcher proves evidently that plants grow faster when songs are been played. Isn’t that mazing?
- From the world of entertainment news, YouTube is the world’s largest on-demand music service.
- A particular song or songs can emerge your favorite when you associate the songs to an emotional event or happenings in your life.
- The world fastest rapper rapped a song with 723 syllables in 51.27 seconds with 14.1 syllables per second. Rapper NoClue sure did a great job.
- Monaco’s Military Orchestra has more soldiers than its Army. The Monaco’s Army has 82 soldiers while its Orchestra has 85 soldiers.
- Just as the brain releases the pleasure chemical called “dopamine” during sex and eating, it likewise does the same when listening to emotional music.
There are much more facts about music than we can curate and compile in one place but these few are about the coolest musical facts of all time that you’ll find are fun to read. There are other questions being asked by music lovers who want to learn some facts about music, these questions are what we’ll try to answer in the frequently asked questions below.
- What is a fact about music?
One fact about music is that 5% of the world have a disdain for music, this condition is called musical anhedonia. This amounts to about 390 million people in the world.
- Who invented music?
Pythagoras is the inventor of music, this is according to several stories from the middle ages. Asides him, there isn’t another person credited with similar or the same invention hence why Pythagoras is considered the inventor of music.
- How did music start?
There isn’t any record or scientific evidence to show how music started, though Pythagoras is credited with inventing music, there isn’t anything that suggests how he did it. Dating back millions of years ago to the times of the ancestors of Neanderthals, it is believed they had vocal anatomy just as we do, this suggests that they could sing but we don’t know if they actually did sing.
- How many types of music are there?
There are many types of music and the list keeps increasing as new types or genres of music continue to be invented and also new cultures with their unique music keep getting discovered, remember that in the 18th century there was nothing like rap music but today it is one of the most popular style of music today. Below the list of the most popular types of music all over the world;
- Can you live without music?
This is a subjective question, which theoretically answer can be ‘yes’ or ‘no’ depending on who is answering, but in real life practice sense humans cannot live without music, especially we modern humans. Music is an intrinsic part of human life.
- Why is music so important?
Music is so important because it’s a very valuable part of human life, it is also a ways of sharing and passing our cultures from one end of the world to another or from one generation to another, it is a part of human life that can not be separated from our daily life.
- What was the first song in the world?
The first song in the world is Hurrian Hymn no. 6, it is said to have been composed and written by the Syrians over 3400 years ago. This is considered the first song in the world because it is the oldest written song ever known.
- Is music older than language?
Music is older than language, this is because language is considered a more refined and and afterthought version of music, music is universal and ubiquitous while language is not.
- What is the first music in the world?
The first music in the world is Hurrian Hymn no. 6, it is said to have been composed and written by the Syrians over 3400 years ago. This is considered the first song in the world because it is the oldest written song ever known.
- Why do people listen to music?
People listen to music because it is a food for the soul, music also calms human emotions and feelings this tend to affect what we do and sometimes the way we do them, people also listen to music for other various reasons.
- Why is music so important to humans?
Music is so important to humans because it’s a very valuable part of human life, it is also a ways of sharing and passing our cultures from one end of the world to another or from one generation to another, it is a part of human life that can not be separated from our daily life.
- What is the oldest music in the world?
Hurrian Hymn no. 6 is the oldest song in the world, written by Syrians about 3400 years ago.
- When did music become popular?
Music became so popular in the US in the 1930s and into the 1960s when much more innovations started in the music world, these innovations influenced the kind of music we listen to and even resulted in the birth of dome music genres.
- When did humans first make music?
Humans first made music about 40,000 years ago, this is according to the oldest musical instrument ever discovered which was a bone flute.
Check out these music quiz questions.