Literature Trivia Questions.
If there’s anything that has shaped humans and human interaction through out history it is literature. That’s why we have put together the collection of literature trivia questions and their answers in this article. The importance if literature and literary works through human history can never be overestimated. The value it has added to humans as well as transfer of information/knowledge from thousands of years past to the present is undeniable, some of these literary works have been able to be preserved in their original forms while others have had to be remade. Irrespective of what form they’re right now, the importance of their contents remains the same, and that is why we have this literature trivia questions. These trivia questions would cover virtually all aspects of literature possible that we can. From questions about authors of certain books to their year of release and lots more.
If you’re a fan of literature or even a literature student/graduate then this literature trivia is the absolute trivia you want to read and answer, because it covers most of your favorite literary works of all time from some of the greatest authors through out recorded human history.
Without any further ado, let’s get into the collection of literature trivia questions and their answers.
The below trivia questions are arranged in the manner; trivia question comes first with an answer to the specific literature trivia question following beneath it.
Literature Trivia Questions
- The book “The Dispossessed” was written by whom?
Ursula K Le Guin.
- “Lean Mean Thirteen” was published in 2007 by which author?
- Who wrote “Rip Van Winkle”?
- The book “The Martian Chronicles was written by whom?
- What is the name of Sherlock Holmes brother?
- What is the pen name of Stephen King’s novel- writing son, who published “Heart-Shaped Box” in 2007?
- What is the name of Thor’s war hammer?
- The book “The Time Machine” was written by whom?
H G Wells.
- In “The Diary of a Young Girl” who were Anne Frank and her family hiding from?
- What is the name of the thousand-year-old secret society depicted in “The Da Vinci Code?
Priory Of Sion.
- The book “Dangerous Visions” was written by who?
- The book “Earthman, Come Home” was written by whom?
- In “Pinocchio” what are all the bad boys on Pleasure Island changed into?
- In “2001: A Space Odyssey”, Moon- Watcher was the only man-ape able to do what?
- In “Dune”, the desert planet Arrakis is rich in which valuable resource?
- Watchmen character Jon Osterman is better known by what alias?
- Where were many of the Shakespeare’s play produced?
- What is the name of Captain Ahab’s ship?
- The book “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” was written by whom?
- What is the name of the top-secret government projects in “The Andromeda Strain?
- What is the name of the vampire Hunter and animator in Laurell K. Hamilton’s “The Harlequinn?
- What is the name of the protagonist in “The Bourne Betrayal”?
- Where in Africa does Alexander McCall Smith’s “The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series take place?
- In “1984”, which figure served as the leader of “The Party?
- How many novels did Margaret Mitchell have published before “Gone with the Wind”?
Check out these arts trivia questions.
- What year did the sci-fi book in “1984” come out?
- What author became famous for his six-volume biography of Lincoln?
- What is the occupation of “Fahrenheit 451” protagonist Guy Montag?
- Alan Frew, author of 2007’s “The Action Sandwich”, was also lead singer for which 80’s pop group?
- What is the occupation of Janet Evanovich’s character Stephanie plum?
- The book “Water for Elephants” by Sara Gruen takes place in what era?
- Hotspur is a rival for which Shakespearean prince?
- The DaVinci code opens with a murder in which famous museum?
- The book “The Puppet Masters” was written by whom?
Robert A Heinlein.
- In Herman Melville’s novel “Moby Dick”, who is the voice of reason?
- “2001: A Space Odyssey” features which artificially intelligent computer?
- The book “The Yearling” was authored by who?
- In “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep”, many humans leave Earth for which planet?
- How many ghost visited Scrooge?
- What is the name of the literary club founded by J.R.R. Tolkien while in Oxford as a professor?
- According to legend who was King Arthur’s wife?
- Ichabod Crane is from what story?
The Ledgend Of Sleepy Hollow.
- In “a Adventures of Huckleberry Finn”, who is Huck’s father?
- What are the first two names of J.K. Rowling author of “Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows?
- What is the name of John’s true love in Nicholas Sparks “Dear John?
- The book “I, Robot” was written by whom?
- The Godfather was written in 1969 by what author?
- What colour was Anna karenina’s begin Tolstoy novel of the same name?
- What is the name of the poem John Keats road to a singing bird?
Ode To A Nightingale.
- The book “Lord of Light”, was written by whom?
Apparently, the literature trivia questions above were mostly about books, their authors and other related information. There are only so many questions that could be asked in this literature trivia question collection, because of the almost infinite amount of literary works produced through out history, both the known and the unknown or lost.
Was your favorite book or author featured? Do you think your friends who love literature would find these literature trivia questions fun and interesting to try and answer? Do share with them to pass the fun around.