Weird facts are facts that make your brain slow, pause and think what you actually read, and possibly ask how? They’re fact you never thought are possible or true because they’re so strange and surprising. The surprise that come with these weird facts and possible the shock you get when you read is exactly why they’re believed to be weird. But what’s most special about the weirdest of all weird fun facts we have on this list is that they’re all true, unbelievably true.
So what’s the weirdest facts you think you know of? We bet it’s not as weird as any of these! You might think these facts sound totally false, but trust us, they’re totally true!
Weird Fun Facts.
- There is a McDonald’s in every continent except Antartica.
- A duel between three people is actually called a truel.
- People can suffer from a psychological disorder called Boanthropy that makes them believe that they are a cow. They try to live their life as a cow.
- Mr Potato Head was the first toy to be advertised on TV.
- Snails have 14,000 teeth and some can even kill you!
- Even though Froot Loops are different colors, they all have exactly the same flavor.
- The human nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
You might want to see some WTF facts that’ll blow your mind.
- Cards against Humanity bought an island in Maine to preserve wildlife. It is called Hawaii 2.
- Daddy longlegs have penises, which technically makes them not a spider.
- The television was invented only two years after the invention of sliced bread.
- In 2015, a silver coin with Superman on the heads side was made which is legal tender in Canada. There was only 350,000 produced.
- Japanese square watermelons are ornamental plants and are not edible.
- Tigers have striped skin not just striped fur. The stripes are like fingerprints and no two tigers have the same pattern.
See the list of weird science facts.
- Ketchup originated in China as a boiled-down brine of pickled fish and spices called ‘ke-chiap’.
- In Morse Code -.- means k.
- The man who found the 5,000 year old corpse Ötzi the Iceman in 1991 (Oldest natural European mummy) was also found dead frozen in ice in 2004.
- In 2014, a missing woman on a vacation in Iceland was found when it was discovered that she was in the search party looking for herself.
- If you sneeze while traveling at 60 mph your eyes are closed for an average of 50 feet.
- Baked beans are actually not baked, but stewed.
- Rowan Atkinson – also known as Mr. Bean – is the voice of Zazu in The Lion King.
- The most popular item at Walmart is bananas. They sell more bananas than any other single item they have in stock.
- Sunsets on Mars are blue.
- ‘lbs’ comes form the Latin word ‘libra’ which means pound.
- The small indents in the bottom of frozen pizzas are there to prevent air bubbles forming inside the dough.
- The term ‘footage’ comes from films being measured in feet, when being edited in the early days of film making.
- In 2005, Mark Zuckerberg unsuccessfully tried to sell Facebook for $75 million. Back then it was called TheFacebook.
- There is an opposite of albino animals, which aren’t white, but black. These are known as Melanistic animals.
- In 2005, a fortune cookie company called Wonton Food Inc. correctly foretold lottery numbers, resulting in 110 winners and an investigation. No fraud was involved.
- The Himalayan Honey Bee – the largest of the honey bees – makes a hallucinogenic honey that tribes collect.
- The collars on men’s dress shirts used to be detachable. This was to save on laundry costs as the collar was the part that needed cleaning the most frequently
- Alligators will give manatees the right of way if they are swimming near each other.
- Crystal – the monkey from The Hangover 2 and Night at the Museum has her own IMDB page!
- Magpies are considered one of the most intelligent animals in the world, and the only non-mammal species able to recognize itself in a mirror test.
- Some areas in Scotland and Japan switched to blue street lights at night, and saw a decrease in crime & suicide rates.
- The first film with a $100 million budget was True Lies, which was made in 1994.
- Digging a hole to China’ is theoretically possible if you start in Argentina.
- Bullfrogs do not sleep.
- The dark region on the north pole of Pluto’s moon, Charon, is called Mordor.
- Eight of the ten largest statues in the world are of Buddhas.
- George Clooney did the voice for ‘Sparky’ – a gay dog in South Park.
- Most toilet paper sold for home use in France is pink.
- The Boston Marathon didn’t allow female runners until 1972.
Most useless facts you’ll ever read today.
- When watermelons are grilled or baked, they lose their granular texture and can even be used as meat substitute, a ‘watermelon steak’.
- James Blunt recorded his first album while living with Carrie Fisher. ‘Goodbye My Lover‘ was recorded in her bathroom!
- There are cells in human body called Faggot cells which cause leukaemia.
- Strawberries can also be white or yellow, and some can even taste like pineapples!
See Some Psychology Facts Here.
- Elephants make friends, bury their dead, travel for ‘funerals’, speak to each other, and show extreme intelligence.
- Some cat breeds (called ‘puppy cats’) are bred specifically to exhibit dog-like behavior.
- In October 2015, United Airlines made a man with Cerebral Palsy crawl off one of its flights. The flight attendants just watched as he struggled.
- “Bluetooth” technology was named after a 10th century king, King Harald Bluetooth. He united Denmark and Norway – just like the wireless technology united computers and cell phones.
Irrespective of what you think about these weird facts, one thing that could be said about most of them is they are all weirdly interesting and some of them utterly strange and shocking. That is the point of putting together a list of weird facts that most people would find unbelievable. To share the knowledge you’ve acquired from the above collection of weird facts, make sure to share the article with friends who are in need of similar list of weird knowledge about things around them.