Thanksgiving Trivia Questions
If you’re not from the US, Canada or any countries of the world observing a feast of thanksgiving every year, you’d wonder why there’s anything called thanksgiving trivia. Thanksgiving is that period of the year people give thanks and sacrifice to God for the blessings and harvest of the year and of course the preceding year. It could basically be called a national festival of food. Perhaps, it is the reason there’s no year that goes by without people feeling excited about thanksgiving.
Since it is a popular holiday or festival, there are lots of thanksgiving trivia questions created that discusses thanksgiving and everything about it, you’d be surprised at the enormous information you’d acquire from reading through this thanksgiving trivia questions alone. Without any further ado, let’s look at the below thanksgiving trivia questions and their answers.
The following thanksgiving trivia questions are arranged in the manner where trivia questions comes first with answer to the specific thanksgiving trivia question following beneath it
Thanksgiving Trivia Questions And Their Answers
- What year was thanksgiving originated?
- Who wrote the first series about Thanksgiving?
Sarah Josepha Hale.
- Thanksgiving was announced by which American president?
President Abraham Lincoln
- Which President made Thanksgiving a national holiday?
President Abraham Lincoln.
- Thanksgiving is only celebrated in America. True/False?
- What Thursday in November does America celebrate Thanksgiving?
The fourth Thursday.
- What is the traditional sauce for Thanksgiving?
- The Plymouth Plantation which offers free Thanksgiving meals to visitors, was opened by who?
- What cutlery item was invented after 10years of Thanksgiving?
- Turkey was the first Thanksgiving meal. True/False?
- What are turkey feathers used for?
Turkey feathers are used for animal feeds.
- How many towns in the state of Kansas are named after turkey?
Three towns in Kansas are named after turkey.
- How long did it take Sarah Joseph to convince the American President to celebrate Thanksgiving?
- What year did Thanksgiving become an official holiday?
- America’s Thanksgiving parade begun what year?
- How is Thanksgiving Parade concluded in America?
With the arrival of Santa Claus.
- What’s the busiest travel day in America?
- In the U.S, approximately how many Turkeys are eaten every year on Thanksgiving day?
- Do Jews celebrate Thanksgiving?
Yes, because it has traditional origins.
- The American Thanksgiving parade, was inspired by which parade?
Eaton’s Santa Claus Parade.
- What replaced the balloons in Macy’s first Thanksgiving parade?
Animals from the central zoo.
- What is the Korean name for the Thanksgiving festival?
- Where was the first Thanksgiving held?
- Which President moved up Thanksgiving celebration to the third Thursday in November?
President Franklin Roosevelt.
- What year was Thanksgiving celebrated on the third Thursday in November?
- What year was Thanksgiving reinstated to the fourth Thursday in November?
- What state first adopted Thanksgiving as a national holiday?
- What is the standard dessert for Canadians on Thanksgiving?
- What meat did the Native Americans bring to the first Thanksgiving?
- What is the distance for Macy’s Thanksgiving parade?
- What part of a turkey is used for the good luck ritual during Thanksgiving?
- After what year did American states and territories begin celebrating thanksgiving?
- What year did the Continental Congress proclaim Thanksgiving in America?
- What TV dinner sold first?
- What is celebrated on November 23rd in Japan?
- What year was Labor thanksgiving celebrated in Japan?
- The day before Thanksgiving is famous for what?
Highest bar sales
- The 1541 Thanksgiving celebration in Palo Duro Canyon was held by?
Francisco Vasquez de Coronado.
- The mother of Thanksgiving is?
- What month do the Germans celebrate Harvest Thanksgiving?
- What year was the first Canadian Thanksgiving?
- What’s Korea’s Thanksgiving festival called?
- Approximately how many women participated in the first Thanksgiving?
- What part of Turkey is used for the Goodluck ritual on Thanksgiving day?
- What NFL team plays on Thanksgiving?
- What American state held the first Thanksgiving celebration?
- Korea celebrates Thanksgiving. True/False?
- What do the Koreans eat on Thanksgiving day?
- What year did Turkey arrive in Europe?
- President Donald Trump pardoned a turkey during 2017 Thanksgiving, what was the name?
- In 1953, how many Turkeys were ordered by mistake?
- It is believed that Turkey’s can fly. True/False?
- Who voted Turkey as a national bird?
- How many states provide Turkeys for Thanksgiving celebration?
- What day do Canadians hold Thanksgiving?
- What’s does Thanksgiving mean?
- The first Thanksgiving NFL game was played in what year?
In the year 1920.
- When was the first Thanksgiving football game played?
In the year 1876.
- Who was the first president to pardon a turkey?
President John F. Kennedy
- How many Americans are known to skip turkey every Thanksgiving?
About 12 percent of Americans.
- Which president made it an annual event to pardon turkeys?
President George W.H Bush.
- Which president made Thanksgiving the fourth Thursday of every November?
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
- Which President was known to have refused to celebrate Thanksgiving as a national holiday?
President Thomas Jefferson.
- The very first Thanksgiving celebration had how many women in attendance?
- What does the average thanksgiving turkey weighs?
- What does the heaviest turkey ever recorded weigh?
The heaviest turkey ever recorded weighs 86 pounds.
- The song ‘The Thanksgiving Song‘ by Adam Sandler was released in what year?
It was released in the year 1992.
- What year was green beans casserole introduced to the Thanksgiving dinner?
In the year 1955.
- What is the name of the company that created the green beans casserole?
The name of the company is Dorcas Reilley.
- What turkeys are known to gobble?
Male turkeys are known to gobble.
- How many pumpkin pies are consumed every year during Thanksgiving?
About 50 million.
- Who was the first president to receive a ceremonial Thanksgiving turkey?
President Harry S. Truman.
- What part of Australia celebrates Thanksgiving?
- What is the name of the traditional Thanksgiving sauce?
- What was the first state to adopt Thanksgiving as a holiday?
The state of Virginia.
- What year did the state of Virginia adopt Thanksgiving as a holiday?
in the year 1855.
That’s the end of the compilation of Thanksgiving trivia questions and answers. Don’t forget to share this trivia with your family and friends and also play the trivia with your family and friends during the next Thanksgiving.