History Quiz Questions
If there’s one topic am very passionate about it is history, there lots of us out there who are really passionate about history and history quiz questions, perhaps you’re one of us too that’s why you’re reading this history quiz questions at this very moment. We’ve curated some interesting history facts for you in the past, and today we have taken that a bit further by bringing you these history quiz questions to test if you really know your history or if what you were taught about history was even true.
These history quiz questions answers a lot of history questions in a very simple and easy to digest manner, than you’d expect from a single page. Definitely, for someone like myself who’s been searching for history quiz questions, reading this is the single best thing to happen to me today. Without any further ado let’s have a look at the following history quiz questions and their answers.
The following history quiz questions are arranged in the manner where quiz questions comes first with answer to the specific history quiz question following beneath it.
History quiz Questions
- Who was the commander of the British Expeditionary Force in World War One?
Field Marshal Douglas Haig.
- The Salvation Army in London was formed by?
- Who is known as Pol Pot?
- Which English art historian was exposed as a one-time Soviet spy in 1979?
- What year was the Berlin wall demolished?
- What battle was famous in the year 1346?
Battle of Crecy.
- Who was the first Windsor Monarch in the United Kingdom?
King George V
- The Channel Tunnel links England and which European country?
- Who won the 1932 US election?
Franklin D. Roosevelt
- The third President of the USA is
- What year was Mexico recognised by the USA?
- Who was the first European to cross the Pacific Ocean?
- Who became the President of the United States after the assassination of John F. Kennedy?
Lyndon Baines Johnson.
- What is the name of the king who ruled before Queen Victoria?
King William IV.
- In September 2012, which Libyan city was the American diplomatic compound attacked resulting in the death of the U.S ambassador J. Christopher Stephens?
- What year did the United Kingdom hand over the sovereignty of Hong Kong to China?
- Who was the President of the US during its Civil War?
- Who invented the telescope?
- What century was the Black Death Held?
- In what country did the Easter rising take place?
- What pandemic almost killed one per cent of the world’s population?
The Spanish Flu.
- How many US President has been assassinated?
- Which U.S President had a home called The Hermitage?
- What is the name of the first bridge that was built across the River Thames in London?
- What year did the Titanic ship sink?
- Who was the first man to fly solo across the Atlantic?
- What is the family name of the Russian rulers from the 17th century till the 1917 revolution?
- What year did composer Richard Wagner die?
- What country is Venice located?
- What is the first capital of the USA?
- What was New York City originally called?
- Who assassinated Abraham Lincoln?
John Wikes Booth.
- What year did German participate in the old-age pension scheme?
- Where was the first hard rock cafe opened?
- What was the second-largest city during the Black Death in Britain?
- Who was the leader of Waco siege?
- Who was the first American President to declare war?
- Which university is the oldest in the USA?
- What year was Harvard University established?
- Who was the second President of the USA?
- What discovered the vaccination for smallpox?
- What year was the smallpox vaccination discovered?
- What year did the battle of Sterling Bridge take place?
- Which founding father is known for his large signature on the United States declaration of independence?
- Which Russian cleric was poisoned, shot and drowned on the 30th December 1916?
- Who ordered the seizure of Suez Canal in the year 1956?
- Who assassinated the American outlaw Jesse James?
- What year did Queen Elizabeth 1 die?
- Who became President after the death of Abraham Lincoln?
- Who is the designer of Regent’s Park in London?
- Which Cuban president had socialist learnings which angered U.S leader for decades?
- Where was Anne Frank born?
- Which U.S. President’s motto was “the bucks stops here”?
Harry S. Truman’s.
- What purpose is served by a Native American “coup stick?
To Touch Na Enemy And Prove Bravery.
- The study of the past is called?
- What country was the scene of the Boxer Uprising of 1900?
- In ancient times what were professional writers called?
- Who became Labour Party Prime Minister of the U.K. with a landslide victory in 1997?
- What world leader was nicknamed “The Iron Lady”?
- What Egyptian ruler sided with Mark Antony at the Battle of Actium?
- Who did Josef Stalin set out to eliminate in the “Great Purge” of 1936?
His Russian Enemies.
- Which German painter was sometimes court painter to King Henry VIII of England after 1536?
Hans Holbein The Younger.
- The country Colombia was named for what famous explorer?
- What was the name of Mussolini’s Yatch in World War II?
- What was the Infamous Bloody Mary’s occuation?
- In the early 1900’s John Larson invented a “polygraph” which is commonly known as what?
- In which nation was unemployment the highest in the 1920’s?
- Which famous figure was assassinated by a Hindu militant on January 30, 1948?
- What famous slogan first appeared on World War 1 recruiting posters?
I Want You.
- In what year did Cyrus of Persia conquer the Median overlords and formed the Persian Empire?
- Apart from the toga, what was the main article of Roman fashion?
- In what country was the first electro mobile produced?
- What currency does the former Soviet republic of Belarus use?
- Which nation was called Persia until 1935?
- In what American metropolis was the Empire State Building completed in 1931?
New York City.
- What was Josef stalin’s nationality?
- In 1762 Catherine the Great’s became the czarina of which country?
- Besides Kent State, where did national guardsmen kil protesters during the Vietnam War?
- The acronym NAFTA stands for North American what?
Free Trade Agreement.
- In 1999, there was a bad nuclear accident in Japan, exposing dozens to what?
- Who won the Spanish- American war?
- The Australian federation was formed on what date?
January 1st, 1901.
- Which item would you have been least likely to find in Iran in the late 1900’s?
- The “Luftwaffe”was the name given to the air force of which country during World War II?
- In which concentration camp did Anne Frank die?
- Which two countries were involved in Louisiana Purchase?
U.S. And France.
- Who commanded the Allied forces of the D-Day invasion of Normandy in 1944?
- Which explorer led the first expedition that sailed around the world?
- What does GATT stand for?
General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs.
- What tragedy took place on April 15, 1912?
Sinking of The Titanic.
- Which leader was known for a Cultural Revolution?
- Where will you find the Crown Jewels of England?
Tower Of London.
- Who was the Roman guardian of entrances and exits?
- Who was the dictator of Romania from 1965 to 1989?
- What did Louis Braille invent?
A Writing System For Bind People.
- Who was the WWI soldier that was also a poet?
- Who assassinated Archduke Ferdinand and his wife on June 28, 1914, to precioitate World War I?
- Who became the President of South Korea in 1998?
Kim Dae Jung.
- Who became Romanian president after the 1989 revolution?
- Which country’s troop withdrew from the Lebanese security zone after 22 years of occupation in 2000?
- What type of government ruled Italy during world war II?
- Indira Gandhi was Prime Minister of which country?
- Where did Barack Obama teach constitutional law?
University of Chicago.
- Who disappeared while attempting to fly around the world in 1937?
- What was the family name of the dynasty that ruled Byzantium from 1081-1185 A.D.?
- In what movie theatre was Lee Harvey Oswald arrested following the assassination of JFK?
The Texas Theatre.
- How many people died from scurvy on Captain Cook’s first voyage?
- What title does the leader of Canada hold?
- The infamous War of the Roses was mainly between which two English counties?
Lancashire and Yorkshire.
- Collectively,Medusa and her sisters were known as the what?
- On Jan. 16, 1920, what began in the United States as the 18th Amendment?
The history of the world is enormously huge that there’s no single book or website that could ever contain all the information, facts and data about our world. Because of that, there are only so much history quiz questions that we can cover in one place as the list questions goes on and on and seems endless. Despite the limited number of history quiz questions above, we were able to cover very important information that aren’t so known by many. Do share this history quiz with those of your friends fond of reading little history pieces. Checkout these history trivia questions.